Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have requirements for experienced Senior Software Developers to join our team in Chennai
Developing, enhancing and maintaining our environmental software products in accordance with agreed requirements and designs, including:
• Member of a team of software developers using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2017(C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008 and 2017 versions).
• Contributing to the specification, development and test of software solutions to defined standards.
• Delivery of software development projects both as stand-alone and as a team member of internal agile and outsourced development teams.
• Development of embedded applications (Windows XP Embedded) that utilise GIS related plug-ins (including vehicle navigation and route optimisation).
• Develop and deliver project updates to senior management.
Skills and Competencies
• Good understanding of Design Patterns and Principles.
• Strong experience in MVC and Entity Framework.
• Fluent in MS SQL Server, database and programming.
• Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Development.
• Experience with web services, REST API.
• Familiar with security mechanisms including web and web service security and their implementations.
• Experience in writing Unit test cases
Qualifications and personal attributes
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
- 4-5 years’ experience in an Information Technology environment, specializing in Software Development, would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience developing applications in C#, ASP.NET or SQL Server essential.
- Experience working with Angular is preferred
- Experience working with a Mobile Development Framework such as Xamarin would also be an advantage
- Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
- High levels of drive and energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
- A passion for user interface
- Commitment to on-going personal development